background

Saturday, February 19, 2011

FAS Update

I guess I need to update my progress on French Alphabet Sampler.  I hope to have this finished within the next 6-8 weeks.  I could do it sooner if I would do nothing but stitch but can't really do that. 



On another note, an 11 year-old girl's life was saved by the use of an AED that was purchased with the funds we raised after the death of my grandson.  If only there had been one there when he collapsed, more than likely he would still be here today.  That is why we raised over $25,000 to put AED's in every school in Grayson County, KY as well as one to go with each athletic team.  KY is so ignorant in that they don't require schools to have them and the Grayson County school board was too tight to buy them.  Instead, they bought life insurance policies on each athlete.  I'm just thankful that this girl's parents and grandparents didn't have to go through what we did.  We can't change the past but we can influence the future.  I'm sure Keith is smiling down from heaven this week, knowing that he helped this little girl. 

No comments: