background

Saturday, April 2, 2011

It's Feeling Like Spring

The window by Sawyer's perch is open and he loves watching the birds and dreaming of catching one.  I think I can finally put away those winter sweaters. 

I realized I hadn't posted a picture of Taylor's birth sampler that I finished last year, so I' ll get one on here. The pattern is Bienvenue by Long Dog Samplers.   Two of my stitching friends have stitched this same sampler and all look different as we did them on different fabrics and with different fibers.  I used a mauve hand-dyed silk fiber from Vikki Clayton on 28 ct. cashel porcelain from Silkweavers.  I modified the chart at Taylor's request to include her late brother's initials and the years he lived. 


This is Terri Martin who stitched her sampler for her daughter Natalie and used a pastel variegated silk. 


Cheryl stitched her sampler for her granddaughter and did it over one.  It is stunning and she picked the perfect mat and frame for it. 

No comments: