background

Friday, October 14, 2011

It feels so good to stitch again.

Thi is going to be a difficult day as it was three years ago today that my grandson collapsed at basketball practice and died of sudden cardiac arrest.  I know he is in heaven and that I'll see him there someday, but right now I just miss him so much that it is almost more than I can stand at times.  Keith, I love you and miss you.  You brought such joy to all who knew you.

I haven't been able to stitch for the past month due to a major problem with my right eye.  I had cataract surgery and two weeks after the surgery, I awoke with what seemed like a white gauzy curtain on my right eye.  I immediately went to the eye dr. and have been going 2-3 times a week since.  It seems my rt. eye developed massive inflammation and it is going to be a slow process getting rid of it.  They have done laser surgery as well as a shot of cortisone directly in the eye and I've had so many different eye drops that I've lost count.  Right now, I'm down to a strong cortisone drop every two hours, a dialating drop twice a day, a pressure reducing drop 3 times a day and prednisone by tablet once a day.  I can now make out lights, shapes, and some movement with my rt. eye.  Thank goodness, my left eye is doing fantastic. 

This is a project I started for a class at Celebrations in St. Charles MO in September.  I'm finally getting back to it.  The blue flowers are Algerian eyes over one.  I'm anxious to get this stitched so I can get to the finishing before I forget how it was done.

No comments: