background

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July. I'm going to Olney, IL, tomorrow to my mother's house where my brother and sister-in-law will be. They will go back home to Carmel, IN tomorrow afternoon and then Mother and I will attend the band concert at the park. I haven't seen my brother since Keith's funeral last October and I'll be glad to see them.

I worked on getting the scrapbooking room cleared out and then organizing my supplies into my Original Scrapbox which is a 4' square that opens to 9' wide. It has over 100 drawers and cubbies to store supplies. I'm purging as I go and I'll have a huge garage sale of scrapbooking supplies only later this year.

Last Saturday I scrapped with the gang and I finished up two of the albums I started at CKU in Nashville in May. One was the Who's Who in My Life and the other was the small 6x6 album that had pages from each of the instructors. It was so much fun at CKU and I'm very disappointed they are not going to have them anymore. I know of no other event that has the caliber of teachers that CKU has always had.

In the cross stitching dept., I'm happy to report that Taylor's birth sampler is almost done. I really need to scan and post a picture of it. I'm hoping to have it finished in time for Taylor to go with me to pick out the frame for it. She is spending another week with me in a couple of weeks. I already have tickets for us to see Godspell at The Muny in St. Louis and to the Lincoln Museum in Springfield, IL. She is so lonely and lost without Keith. My heart just aches for her when I see that sadness in her face.

No comments: